Conditions of Use
General ordering conditions.
For our English speaking customers. By ordering I confirm that I have read and fully understood the terms as follows. I will not order if I do not fully understand the following contractual conditions. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. For customers under the age of 18 we require the written consent of parents and/or legal guardians. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold to anyone under the age of 18.
1. All orders and shipments from the company British Empire Handel GmbH & Co. KG (hereafter refered to in the course of this agreement as "British Empire"), ordered through our catalog or ordered through the internet or any other medium known now or in the future are regulated and bound by the terms of this agreement. Changes to this agreement are only possible through the written consent of British Empire.
2. British Empire will make every reasonable attempt to ship all orders within the promised time period. Should it not be possible for British Empire to ship a particular item or items within the time period of six weeks, then the customer has the right to set a new final shipping date. This time period must be of at least one month duration. Should the ordered item or items not be received by the customer within this time period, the customer then has the right to refuse the shipment. All canceled orders must be received in writing. Should the delay in receiving an item or items result in a financial loss on the part of the customer, the British Empire is only liable for up to 5% of the value of the missing items or in replacing the missing item. At no time is the British Empire liable for any other loss or losses.
3. The customer is responsible for all items once they have left the warehouse of the British Empire, been shipped and/or are in the continued possession of the shipping company, even in the event that British Empire has paid for shipping. Items damaged through shipping must be immediately reported to the corresponding shipping company. The customer is responsible for adhering to the individual shipping regulations of the shipping company in regards to damaged goods and liability. Postage costs on all items returned to British Empire must be paid for by the customer. Responsibility for all returned items is carried by the customer until the item has arrived at the British Empire.
4. Bills issue by the British Empire are immediately due for payment, without deductions. In the event of non-payment after thirty days, the British Empire is entitled to administer 3% interest above the current interest rate as set by the German Bundesbank to the amount due and without prior warning or notification. All costs incured to British Empire in the event of non-payment will be billed to the customer. Checks will not be accepted for payment. In the event of legal differences between British Empire and the customer compromises will only be accepted in written agreement with the British Empire or through the legal decision of a court of law.
5. Complaints in regards to shipping, defects, and mistakes made in items shipped or quantity shipped must be registered in writing with the British Empire within one week of receiving of goods. Claims of guarantee begin when shipment has been received. When complaints prove to be legitimate, British Empire will reship damaged or missing goods, augment previous shipments, allow items to be returned or refund part of all of payments received, or any combination of which deemed satisfactory by British Empire, after which all claims or complaints will be deemed by both British Empire and the customer as resolved. In the event that a reshipped or returned item is again defective, the customer has the right to cancel his order. The guarantee for machines is restricted to repair, and not replacement. In regards to credit card orders, all refunds will be charged a 3% handling fee.
6. Claims of guarantee begin when shipment has been received. If defects or returns have not been resolved to the satisfaction of the customer within a reasonable time period as regulated in paragraph 5, the customer is entitled to his choice of exchange of goods or refund. No guarantee can be given for items that have been changed in any way by the customer or through third parties, or which have been damaged due to negligence or misuse on the part of the customer. British Empire is not responsible for lost items.
7. All items remain the property of British Empire until payment has been received for such items. Reservation of proprietary rights remains in the event of repairs and all other services. Until payment has been received and during the reservation of proprietary rights, the customer has the right to possess and use the item in question until payment has been received in accordance with this contract. In the event that computer programs are part of the shipment, the customer has the right to download and use the program, as well as make one copy for personal use only, as long as the customer obeys and adheres to the licensing agreement as dictated by the computer program copyright owner. In the event of legal differences, the customer is obliged to furnish all information pertaining to said case as requested by British Empire and/or their legal representation. Within two weeks of receiving shipment, the customer has the right to return the shipment and/or file a written complaint, in letter form or as an e-mail, and cancel this contract. In the event that this contract has been canceled, British Empire reserves the right to deduct in part or in whole portions of repayment in the event that the returned items are in any way damaged or in any way no longer of full value.
8. British Empire is granted the right by the customer to save and use any and all personal information regarding the customer as won by this agreement. At no time will the British Empire hire, loan or sell this information to third parties.
9. In the event that any part, sentence or paragraph of this agreement is deemed void by a court of law, a replacement part, sentence or paragraph of equal meaning will be substituted by British Empire and/or their legal representation.
10. Prerecorded music and prerecorded videos in the forms of records, CDs, DVDs and all other mediums known now or in the future as well as all forms of computer software are exempt from all forms of guarantee once packaging materials have been removed from the product.
11. Tax identification: 240/153/60806, tax office Nuernberg Sued. Legal jurisdiction: Amtsgericht Nuernberg.